3/30/11

To Start this blog off.....


My name is Royalty. I've been making rap music for way too long.( http://www.reverbnation.com/520royalty ) Listening to rap music for even longer. I've done a bunch of shows in the Tucson, AZ circuit with a bunch of different artists out there. Some dope, some wack. I have opened up for a bunch of music acts, like Bone Thugs, Willy Northpole, Do or Die and some others.

I have a horrible confession to make. I used to be a backpacker elitist hip-hop head. I used to only listen to things like Def Jux, Heiro, and all that "Purist" hip-hop. I used to HATE mainstream artists like for example, Ja Rule, DMX, and Jay Z. I grew out of that phase once I got smart enough to realize that a great deal of them backpacking MCs tend to rhyme 15$ words with other 15$ words simply for the sake of doing so. When I grew out of that phase, I also stopped making rap music like that ( thank god).

This blog is gonna be about the realization that I had during that conversion. Mainly the fact that there are good underground artist, and there are bad underground artists. Just like there are bad mainstream artists, and good mainstream artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment